At present, the application of electrical connector in life has been more and more widely. Due to the small size and precise design of these devices, various situations often occur in use. For some common faults, we also need to do a good job in the corresponding analysis, and think of solutions:
(1) temperature resistance at present, the high working temperature of connectors is 200 ℃ (except for a few high temperature special connectors), and the low temperature is - 65 ℃. When the connector works, the current generates heat at the contact point, resulting in temperature rise. Therefore, it is generally believed that the working temperature should be equal to the sum of the ambient temperature and the contact temperature rise. In some specifications, the allowable high temperature rise of connector under rated working current is specified.
(2) the invasion of moisture resistance will affect the insulation performance of the connection and rust the metal parts.
(3) when the salt spray resistant connector works in the environment containing moisture and salt, the surface treatment layer of its metal structure parts and contact parts may produce electrochemical corrosion, affecting the physical and electrical properties of the connector.
(4) vibration and shock resistance is an important performance of electrical connector, especially in special application environment, such as aviation and aerospace, railway and highway transportation. It is an important index to test the mechanical structure firmness and electrical contact reliability of electrical connector.
(5) other environmental performance according to the use requirements, other environmental performance of the electrical connector include sealing (air leakage, liquid pressure), liquid impregnation (anti habituation ability to specific liquid), low pressure, etc.